30th Convention Lisbon
An outstanding number of 275 M&A professionals gathered on the 4th and 5th of April in Lisbon for the 30th M&A Worldwide convention. This is widely considered a milestone in this convention.
Hosted by Fingeste, our M&A Worldwide Partner in Portugal, this convention was a world-class event where more than 100 M&A Worldwide representant offices were present, coming from 40 countries, 151 business guests and loads of chances to interact and make connections. The event included a speed meeting session where 110 meetings occurred.
The program included:
- A presentation about the reasons why Portugal is a target for international expansion
- The most recent trends in the M&A industry
- A debate on Private Equity and Industrial M&A
- A debate on Debt and Other Equity instruments for SME
- A discussion on Family Business succession and the role of private equity and M&A
- Debate on Ethics and Corporate Governance in M&A transactions, and
- M&A Best Practices
M&A Worldwide representative offices also had the chance to develop an internal discussion on Industry Groups.
During the General Assembly, the members unanimously voted for the 2019 budget and accounts.
A new Board was also elected, and Jacques Jetten became the new Chairman.
The representatives honoured three people with a farewell moment: past Chairman (Bjorn Voigt), past Vice-Chairman (Çigdem Bicik) and past Treasurer (Isabelle Arnaud-Despreaux).